Hiking requires appropriate clothing so that you can feel comfortable on the trails – no matter the weather. The weather in the mountains can change in the blink of an eye. The main challenge of hiking in winter? Wearing clothing that will keep you warm when you are standing still, but won’t turn you into a sweaty mess when you have to exert yourself on that steep slope. There are a few things to keep in mind when picking out the best hiking clothes: the type of fabric, the season and weather, and how you’re going to layer each garment for maximum versatility.
What to Wear on Top
Heavy base layer ( You can also choose light or midweight base layer depending on how cold it is outside)
Layering is a three-part system that includes a base layer that wicks perspiration away from your skin, a mid layer that insulates you from the cold and a shell layer that keeps wind and moisture out. The goal with layering is to add and remove layers throughout your hike so you can stay warm and comfortable without overheating and getting sweaty. It can feel like a chore to stop and change clothes, but it’s really important to stay dry. Getting wet on a cold day can possibly lead to hypothermia.
If you are heading out on a hike somewhere really cold, opt for a down-insulated jacket. It will be highly compressible for easy packing and it offers more warmth for its weight than any other material. Also, since down jackets are usually designed with down inside a shell material, the jacket will resist against wind and water, as well.
What to Wear on the Bottom
- Heavy base layer/leggings
- Fleece leggings like these Women’s Glacial™ Fleece Printed Legging Pantswill hug your legs and keep them warm and cozy no matter how cold the wind blows.
- Leggings aren’t just for the ladies! These warm Heavyweight II Stretch Baselayer Tightsare designed for men and can be worn under your hiking pants for extra warmth.
- Hiking pants
- The Women’s Saturday Trail™ Stretch Pantare so delightfully stretchy that they can be worn over your thick, winter leggings to give you another layer of rain protection.
- The Men’s Silver Ridge™ Pantsare a stretchy cargo pant that is made from rain repellant, UPF 50 material. They will be your go-to hiking essential.
- Rain shell pants
- The Women’s Storm Surge™ Rain Pantis a lightweight layer you can carry in your backpack and slip on when it starts to pour, so you don’t end up soaked at the end of your hike.
- The Men’s Rebel Roamer™ Waterproof Pantskeep you dry by completely sealing out the elements – but they aren’t uncomfortable or clammy.
WHAT KIND OF BACKPACK SHOULD I BRING?
this hiking backpack has no Internal frame system, it designs for the sake of you can foldable it. you can see our 2nd picture, it can be foldable to a small pack, you can take it to hiking ,camping or travel. If don’t need 40l backpack on the journey then you can fold it to your luggage. All in word, the backpack is made for 5 days journey about.
If you prefer going light and moving fast in the woods, mountains and around town, the Talon™ 22 is the pack for you. 22L of capacity is perfect for day hikes, urban commutes or a trip to the market. Ventilated and comfortable, the BioStretch harness and continuous wrap hipbelt combine to create an incredibly stable carry system that hugs your body so you can stay balanced on the trail, ridge or peak.
Don’t forget the hiking sock
They are comfortable, versatile, and built to last. They’re relatively thin for good temperature regulation, but are woven very tightly, which gives them outstanding durability. The Light Hiker Micro Socks are warmer and thicker than minimalist socks, but they’re still quite breathable and the wool-synthetic blend makes them adaptable in warm or cool conditions.
1.98% nylon / 2% rubber
3.MATERIAL – Three layers design, outer layer: 98% nylon, 2% rubber; middle layer: waterproof and breathable film; inner layer: nylon, which makes the socks durable and unique
4.BREATHABLE – With breathable nylon, cool and comfortable mesh, accelerating sweat spreading and allowing your feet fresh
WATERPROOF – The middle layer film material can effectively prevent water, keeps your feet dry and fresh even rode through creeks, streams, rivers, rain storms, mud and so on
5.ELASTIC – With two sizes and elastic feature, WATERFLY waterproof socks are suitable for various groups and different occasions like cycling, hiking, outdoor sports, daily wear and so on